[Specx] Status of proposal - 7/10

Domenico Giustiniano domenico.giustiniano at imdea.org
Fri Oct 7 21:10:17 CEST 2022

Hi all

We still have pending confirmation of Ericsson and Acceleran. I am waiting
for feedback from Sofie and Marina.

As for the DRs projects, I went through it and accepted changes. However I
left a few comments.
I'd appreciate if you could go through it, in particular:
- Some overlap between DR2 (CNIT) to DR3 (RWTH) to solve
- New secondment of DR2 (it has to be in industry, proposals welcome)
- DR4 (TUD) and DR7: we have now O-RAN, and need to say why. If we keep it,
we need to reflect it in the proposal and need some suggestions there.
- DR10 (KUL): a suggestion to change the title

Please solve the comments directly in Teams.
In any case, I also attach the most recent document. Please make these
changes by *Monday EOB.*

Besides, I have done several changes in Section 1 (Stefania, Rodney, thanks
for your inputs and suggestions),
and will do more. We also did at IMDEA a nice new Figure 2 (attached), that
borrows concepts of 5G and service
based architecture/network virtualization. Comments are welcome if you have
suggestions to improve it and
if you see something important missing.

Qing is helping to clean the document. We hope to have a first version of
Section 1 ready by Monday EOB.

If some of you have some cycles to spend on Monday and/or Tuesday, please
let me know, and I'll allocate
some specific tasks.

Regards,

Domenico

--
Dr. Domenico Giustiniano Research Associate Professor at IMDEA Networks
Institute, Madrid, Spain https://domenico.networks.imdea.org/;